The purpose of the LSSA Academy program is to create a competitive organization of teams, operating under the same uniform and banner, and adhering to similar principles of play and training. The Academy is committed to assisting and mentoring coaches in creating and maintaining their teams in this environment.
- The Academy program is available to teams of any division, U7 – U15, and not limited to a specific number of teams per division.
- Academy teams will be carded through LSSA, and play under the LSSA Academy banner in the KC Metro League. The bracket placement is up to the coach’s discretion, with the assistance of the Academy Director.
- Will roster players at the discretion of the Head Coach. LSSA will not dictate player placement or removal, but will offer assistance in player management if needed.
- Will compete in a uniform option selected by the Academy Director.
- Coaches may seek assistance from designated personnel or other Academy coaches in setting up their teams, transitioning teams from recreational to competitive play, or just to ask for advice on coaching and team management issues.
- Coaches participating in the Academy program must adhere to the rules of the KC Metro League, the principles and goals of the LSSA Academy program, maintain themselves in good standing with both organizations. Coaches may be rejected from the program at the discretion of the Academy Director.
- Coaches must, at a minimum, have an “F” soccer coaching license, and a current background check.
- Coaches will run their teams independently, with the following exceptions:
- Coaches will NOT charge coaching fees, profit from expenses charged to teams, or require teams to cover their personal expenses.
- Coaches will be upfront with all players/parents on a team, before their commitment, for all team requirements, such as: uniform costs, expected tournament costs, training costs, fund-raisers, or extra-league participation.
- Coaches will use one/some of the uniform options offered by the LSSA Academy program.
- Coaches are welcome to conduct their own team tryouts in addition to those provided by LSSA.
- Are expected to agree to all requirements of a team – practice times/places, expenses, participation, etc. – before agreeing to add their player to the roster.
- Must understand and follow all of the coach’s requirements of practices and games, and show up on time, equipped, and prepared to participate.
- May lodge complaints to the Academy Director or Coordinators regarding perceived harassment, unfairness, or mistreatment by Academy coaches.
- May be added or removed from LSSA Academy rosters, prior to, or during the season, in keeping with the rules of the league. Likewise, they may choose to leave an existing LSSA Academy team in keeping with the same rules.
- Player tryouts will be conducted in groups according to age with a common tryout program, as laid out by the Academy Director.
- Academy coaches are invited and expected to participate in the running of tryouts, under the direction of the program.
- The contact information of players participating in tryouts will be provided to Academy coaches. Coaches may make contact with players following tryouts with the information provided. Coaches may offer players a spot on their team, or invite them to further tryouts.
- In cases where a player is offered a spot on more than one Academy team, it is up to the player/parent to choose between them. LSSA Academy program will not dictate.
- Parents/Players are under no obligation to accept any offers presented to them, but likewise, cannot expect the Academy to place them on a particular team.